James M. Ragano
James Ragano is an attorney with over 27 years of experience. He focuses his practice exclusively toward representing the interests of those injured by the negligence of others. The types of cases in which James has achieved excellent results for clients include nursing home abuse and neglect, assisted living facility neglect, medical malpractice, car accidents, dog bites, and premises liability matters. Many of these serious injury cases involved the wrongful death of clients. It is through his personal injury practice that James has brought together the skills acquired over more than 27 years of practicing law to effectively, efficiently and compassionately represent his clients.Before joining Stockham Law Group, James worked for a large personal injury law firm, honing his skills and advocating for clients who had been injured through no fault of their own. Before becoming a personal injury attorney, James represented nursing homes. This practice involved trying cases all over the Southeastern United States. Throughout this vigorous practice, in addition to learning all aspects of the nursing home business, James became well versed in litigating medical issues and passed two additional bar exams (Georgia and Mississippi). It was during this time that James developed effective deposition and motion practice skills in order to best address the needs of his clients.
James began his career as an attorney representing custodial parents in child support matters. Most of these parents would come to court in dire need of immediate financial assistance. Through the use of effective pleadings and negotiation, James obtained thousands of dollars for needy children. He learned early on that individuals need timely justice and began developing the skills to meet those needs.
James is blessed with a wonderful family. His wife and three daughters keep him on his toes. He is also a rabid Steelers fan, an avid basketball player and can often be found on the sidelines of one of his girls' sporting events.
Throughout the course of his career, James has made it his habit to first learn the needs and expectations of his clients and to provide those legal services in an effective and timely manner. To speak directly with James Ragano about your case, feel free to email him or call 877-976-9412.
- Personal Injury
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- Juris Doctor - 1994
- Honors: Moot Court Team
- Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
- B.S. - 1991
- Major: Political Science
- Florida, 1994
- Mississippi, 2004
- Georgia, 2007
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
Classes & Seminars
- Lecturer, "Preparing for and Conducting the Effective Cross-Examination of the Nurse Expert", Defense Research Institute, Las Vegas, Nevada, 09/27/2007 to 09/27/2007
- Lecturer, "Communication and Documentation – The Keys to Avoiding Litigation", Florida Assisted Living Affiliation, Sanibel Island, Florida, 08/17/2007 to 08/17/2007
- "Revolutionizing the Intake Process: A User's Guide to Limiting Exposure to Lawsuits", Florida Health Care Association and Florida Center, 2006 to 2006