George D. Root
George Root is an attorney in the Tampa office of Stockham Law Group, P.A. He focuses his practice on providing general counsel and litigation services for community association throughout Florida. His services as general counsel include deed restriction violation enforcement, delinquent assessment collection, compliance, preservation of governing documents, revitalization of governing documents, interpretation of governing documents, risk management, litigation, creditor bankruptcy services, board meeting attendance, board certification courses, and a myriad of other community association legal needs.
Prior to joining the Stockham Law Group, Mr. Root worked for over ten years providing general counsel services to community associations in Florida. Mr. Root is actively involved in several chapters of the Community Association Institute. Mr. Root spends time developing and teaching board certification courses for community associations and continuing education units for property managers.
Mr. Root attended law school at the Stetson University College of Law where he was a member of the school's Trial Team and a Stetson Ambassador. Prior to law school, Mr. Root spent almost five years serving in the United States Army after attending Saint Leo University.
- General Counsel and Litigation
- Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, Florida
- Juris Doctor
- Honors: Trial Team
- Honors: Stetson Ambassador
- Saint Leo University, Saint Leo, Florida
- Major: Criminology
- Hillsborough County Bar, Member
- Community Association Institute
- Super Lawyers
- Big Brother of the Year
- Top Lawyers - Tampa
- Ten Years Serving as Pinellas County, Florida Big Brother/Big Sisters Program, Big Brother
- Former Board of Directors for Van Dykes Estates HOA, Inc.
- Former Board of Director Imagine School Land O’Lakes